Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Reclaiming Your Authentic Self

06th January 2009
Penang, Malaysia

This topic comes right out of the book, 'Wild Love' by Gill Edwards. A book I kept because it has transform me during a certain stages of my life also a book I have given out to dozes of people. Recently somehow I been giving out this book again - to both my friends therefore I took some time off to read it thru again. Somehow this chapter took all my attention away.

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come" Joseph Campbell.

There is another joke I read somewhere - you want to humour God - tell him about your plans! ;-)

Most of the time we do not dare to shift from our comfort zone to become who we are. In spite of being in mediocrity or life of stuckness we do not dare to journey to the unknown. We are more worried of what people would think of, what our religion or parents allow or not allow, we worry about meeting of bills and paying our rent more than we dare to own up to be ourselves. We look for safety and security. However, I have learn the bad news. There is no security in owning up to your soul - to your authentic self. Soul like Gill puts it ".....is wild and untamed. It soars above the crowd. It is not concerned with safety or security or predictability." Therefore, it is willing to topsy turvy your world just to let you be who you are. Just so that you answer your calling and open your heart and be a true living being.

One must be willing to let go of all things to be walking this path.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: