Wednesday, January 14, 2009

M-E-M-O-R-Y!

12th Jan 2009
Penang Malaysia

BEWARE! Notice and BE - AWARE of your so called memory.

Most of us will insist upon saying, "I am SURE, I said this, I did this" - many times I notice I come across myself and many around me mention these lines. This include a story - a real story of a life experience I have come across recently.

An aunt was on a trip with us and had a pouch on her waist at all times - of course this pouch contain her 'little' treasures which include as I know a 2 carat diamond ring, a 5 figure cost watch and some thousand USD. *smile* Almost as if you can guess what happen - the BIG SHOUT of "I LOST my pouch" will be enough of stagger any of us into a shock stage. That is exactly what happen anyway. She claim that she remove it in the toilet while she went for her bath. Her drama self insist upon she did have her pouch with her in the toilet. She remembers it very well she remove it in the toilet and now is no longer with her. Well the fact that she travels with 2 huge luggage and a small hand carry - still she is sure is not in those! ;-) More than once she argued that she did not open her luggage at all, the most beautiful things is that there was memories in her head that support that fact - the position of the luggage, the handling of the keys, the difficulty in opening the luggage and etc. It end with a "I AM SURE I DID NOT KEEP IT IN MY BAG"

However, there was a very calm and experience girl in my group. She on the other hand insist that we help aunty go through her bags again together with her before we inform everyone one and launch the great search trip.

Guess what??

The pouch is just right below the first piece of clothing inside on of the big luggage - securely locked! ( in fact the one with the position which is hardest to move and impossible to be open )

The.." I am sure" - dissolve itself quickly by the physical evident itself. However, I still wonder how did the brain convince those memories to be so true in the first place?

So are we all sure,
- she shouted at me first?
- she threw me out of the house?
- he said those words?
- he betrayed me first?
- he took my money?
- she left me?

Are you sure of your memory?




----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

l e e c.h. said...

MEMORY...
the more we said something out loud, the more it becomes real to us, well at least to our brain. This is what i'd experience or seen it happening to people around me. It's true that sometimes these memories ur speaking might be true n might not be but the more we talk n think about it, the more real it gets.