Sunday, January 4, 2009

An Ending signifies and A New Beginning


31 December 2008
Penang, Malaysia

Is funny how simple life is. An ending always signfies with a beginning. We are always in a constant movement - therefore the books always say 'change is inevitable'. However tonight I love to share how my mentor taught me to see impermanence. Is something he says you can replace with anything at all, and it stays the same :

" Something is here now. It was not here before and it will never be here forever "

so lets try with this

" I am here sitting at this chair now. Just now I was not here and I cannot sit here forever "

" The glass of wine is here at my table now. It was not here before and it cannot be here forever"

CHEERS!!
I'll leave with these words of a Vietnamese Dhaya Master Huong Hai
" A Silver bird
flies over the autumn lake.
When it has passed,
The lake's surface does not try
to hold on to the image of the bird "

May all of you be blessed with the compassion of your heart and the wisdom of your mind!

FAREWELL 2008 & HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!!!


-----------------------------------

No comments: